May 1st, 2010 by Wii Game Reviews
The most critically acclaimed Wii game ever returns, as Mario battles Bowser and his minions across an even more bizarre galaxy of worlds. The first game is already acknowledged as the greatest 3D platform game ever made and this new sequel adds to the excitement with long-time Mario ally Yoshi.
Not only will the little green dinosaur give you a ride wherever you want, but you can aim his tongue with the Wii remote and gobble up bad guys and bonuses alike. Eat a fruit and Yoshi will turn into a giant balloon or gobble a hot red pepper and he’ll suddenly run at super speed.
You’ll need all the help you can get too with even bigger and meaner bosses and some super hard secret levels. With a healthy mix of new tricks and old this is perfect fun for all the family and one of the best games on the Wii so far.
Super Mario Galaxy 2 Features:
- Mario collects stars as he travels from galaxy to galaxy. Every level is new, but the game retains the charm, sense of wonder and beauty in line with Mario’s history. Mario works his way through the various levels, sometimes upside-down, sometimes floating from place to place
- On some stages, Mario can find an egg, smash it open and hop onto the back of Yoshi. Yoshi can use his tongue to grab items and shoot them back at enemies, or to snag attach points and swing across chasms
- Yoshi has an interesting diet. When he eats a Dash Pepper, he gets so hot and frenzied he can run up steep inclines and vertical walls. When he eats a Blimp Fruit, he inflates like a balloon and floats to new heights
- New power-ups include a drill that Mario uses to tunnel through the planet’s surface all the way to the other side of a
- Skilled players will want to collect new Comet Metals, which will unlock harder levels with even more challenges
- Maps of all the planets and areas that Mario can explore
- Locations for every Power Star and Green Star in the game, over 240 Stars
- With Prima’s guide you’ll be able to find all the Comet Medals to unlock new levels
- Every new move and ability revealed, including all the Egg locations so you can find Yoshi
Follow the links below to purchase Super Mario Galaxy 2 for the Wii.
This entry was posted on Saturday, May 1st, 2010 at 6:19 pm and is filed under Action, Wii Games (All). You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.